Ramblings of  A NOOB

Grab this Headline Animator

Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Refine your search using Google Squared



Hey there,

Just now I encountered something interesting, again by Google, called Google Squared.It is still under Labs version which means, it is still unstable and under experimental.But here, I would say that it will be a good search engine, when you need to refine your search or make comparisons using nothing but tables on your browser! Life can't be easier than this!Imagine you need to search and compare products that you want to buy on the net using a search engine capability.Let's take a look:


Here, I would like to search about MP3 players.I will need to know things like brands available on the market, sound format it can play, capacity, or even the look of that product.So, let's square it!

 The search results will get populated into a table like this:


 It's too much information for me.Hmmm, so I will need to eliminate certain columns to make my search results more intuitive and suitable for what I'm looking for.Here, I add one more column called manufacturer, so that I know which company made this product.



 Here's what I got!


How cool is that? So now, I want to share it with my one of my friend that I think she will be happy to have this information.But first, I will need to save my search results.Notice that when I click save, the orange label unsaved will be replaced by the green label as public.



Since I want to share it with my friend, I will need to stick with public visibility and send an email to her.You can use twitter and facebook too if you want!


And now, I want to export it to my Google Spreadsheet, hey, you can save it in CSV file format too!



O yeah, one more thing, please sign in to your Google Account first if you want to try this Google Squared.If you would like to see the quick caps video you can view it here.

Let's squared & have a nice day!





0 noobs speak up:

Post a Comment